Saturday, October 1, 2011

Home study completed!

Today we completed our home study! I, of course, made sure we had everything that was required for our home to be approved. We tried our best to prepare our son that a nice lady was going to come to our house and talk with mommy and daddy about taking care of little ones. He was well behaved and only showed off two of his favorite trucks instead of every truck he has in his room, and Ms. Diane was nice to play along.

Everyone I had talked to prior to today, let me know that the home study was really no big deal, and I would say the same was true for us as well. Just lots of questions about our families growing up and about our family now.

Ms. Diane will be coming out in a little over a week to do additional questioning but that should only last an hour or so, and shouldn't be too bad, I don't think.

She has 45 days from the last day of our PRIDE training to get her report into DHS. She did inform us it would be every bit of those 45 days because we had so many people in our training class (which means the end of November). Once the report is sent into DHS, they will then review it and our family social worker will come out again to do her final walk through. We will at that time be an approved (hopefully!) foster home. She mentioned that it is taking awhile for DHS to review her reports (apparently the reports are SEVERAL SEVERAL pages long), so I'm not looking to have our final walk through before Christmas time. I could be wrong, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

Anyways, I know the Lord has it all in His hands. He knows what child needs us, and what child we need. So now we will just keep waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment