Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The decision.

My husband and I decided last November that we wanted our life to be different. We were in the process of building a house and we were going to have an empty bedroom that we had decided that we would be the playroom until we had another little one. We have received many blessings and it just seemed wrong to enjoy the blessings without looking at how we could help others.

One day as we were talking about our life and the lessons we wanted to teach our son, we began to discuss what life might be like if we became foster parents. I will be honest, we had an "adoption talk" just about six months prior, and neither felt led to take that road at that time, so I wasn't exactly sure what hubby would say about foster care. I had been praying about it for awhile, and the Lord was gracious to confirm to my husband that yes this indeed would be the road to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment